Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Birthdays

My nephew and I share the same birthday.  But since turning 2 is much more fun than turning 33, I will gladly always focus the day around him (and then I don't mind having a date night in the evening!).
So, on our birthday, we decided to start it out a local favorite, Krispy Kreme.  And we made sure to get there before the hot donuts were gone.


James loved his new Spiderman hat from Uncle Jeff.  It was fun buying toys for a boy.  I don't get to do that!

Both Evie and Hannah had a little bit of trouble that it was James' birthday and not theirs. :)

Then we went on a trolley ride through Old Town.

They sat so still most of the time!

We went to a big park afterwards to play. 

Uncle Jeff played with the kids the whole time while Sandy and I sat back and drank coffee.  Not really, but we did say, that it is nice sometimes to let him have time with the kids since he has so much more energy than us and they love him so much!
So, after all this fun kid stuff, I had an adult evening out at The Melting Pot with my love and our friends Mark and Tina.  After a busy day chasing after kids there's nothing like 3 hours of eating good food with friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment